Partnership Centre for the IODE OceanDataPortal has been established on 10 September 2013 in Obninsk, Russian Federation to technically underpin the development of the IODE Ocean Data Portal. It is hosted and funded by the Federal Service for Hydrometeorology and Environmental Monitoring of the Russian Federation (Roshydromet).
The Partnership Centre for the IODE Ocean Data Portal shall contribute to the planning and coordination of the IODE Ocean Data Portal by:
- Maintaining and developing the IODE ODP specifications and tools, and coordinating the use of the IODE ODP technology for the distributed marine data system based upon the IODE data network and data sources from other IOC programmes, including JCOMM;
- Creating, in cooperation with the IOC Project Office for IODE, an enabling environment, and assisting in strengthening the capacity of the IODE ODP nodes to manage marine data and products, and to provide the IODE ODP resources and services required by users;
- Assisting with the coordination and monitoring of the implementation of the IODE ODP work plan as adopted by the IODE Committee.
The Partnership Centre for the IODE Ocean Data Portal shall contribute to the development and implementation of the IODE Ocean Data Portal by:
- Developing, hosting and maintaining the tools and specifications of the IODE ODP for the portal and IODE data system operation;
- Assisting IODE’s ODINs, NODCs and other IODE ODP nodes to achieve their regional and thematic objectives;
- Monitoring and reporting on the IODE ODP portal tools and specifications used by the IODE ODP nodes;
- Providing an infrastructure to develop and test the web-based technologies and tools and also to generate new ideas and perspectives of the IODE ODP
Training and Promotion:
- Developing, strengthening and maintaining the IODE ODP data management training programmes and tools;
Promoting collaboration between relevant experts in integrated marine data management in IOC programmes and projects, other organizations and systems (e.g. OBIS, WIS, GEOSS)
The IOC Project Support Centre for the IODE ODP will report to the IODE Steering Group for the IODE Ocean Data Portal and to the JCOMM/IODE ETDMP.
Opening Ceremony Partnership Centre for the IODE Ocean Data Portal (courtesy Obninsk TV, channel News):